A good serve starts with a good toss.
Here are some tips to ensure that you place the ball for optimal contact during the tennis serve:
• Cushion the tennis ball with your fingers.
• Imagine you have an egg in your hand. Hold the ball very gently.
• Keep your tossing arm relaxed.
• Release the tennis ball above eye level.
• Let the ball go up with a smooth continuous motion.
• Impart very little spin on it as it goes up. To do so, open your palm and spread your fingers as you let go of the ball.
• The toss height should be approximately as high you can reach with the tip of your racquet.