A good serve starts with a good toss.
Here are some tips to ensure optimal contact during a tennis serve:
• Cushion the tennis ball with your fingers.
• Imagine you have an egg in your hand. Hold the ball very gently.
• Keep your tossing arm relaxed.
• Release the tennis ball above eye level.
• Let the ball go up in a smooth, continuous motion.
• Impart very little spin on it as it goes up. To do so, open your palm and spread your fingers as you let go of the ball.
• The tossing height should be approximately as high as you can reach with the tip of your racquet.
Certified Tennis Coach
Check out my work at WebTennis24 where I share with you my best video tennis lessons, drills and tips for players, coaches and tennis parents.