In order to improve the Return of Serve, there are certain aspects that a tennis player should consider:
– the kind of grips to wait for the serve with: eastern, semi-western (forehand grips), continental/hammer, or backhand grip; either one has a role according to player’s strengths
– court position for the first and second serves
– the best footwork to return serve
– the technique (to control a fast incoming ball)
– what type of serve the player usually has problems with: flat and fast, kick or slice?
The Serve Return, even though a player has less time to react to, can be trained and improved at any level.
Players must learn the proper grips, footwork, how to read the opponent’s serve and where to tactically place the return.
For a thorough analysis, here are some WebTennis24 lessons and tips to improve your Serve Return:
– Best Grips for Returning Serve
– How to Return a Fast Serve
– How to Read the Serve
– Drills to Improve the Serve Return
– Return of Serve Tactics for Singles
– Return of Serve Tactics for Doubles
Enjoy playing your best tennis!