– Month by Month
Have you missed any of the WebTennis24 monthly updates?
No worries… You can come here anytime and see what’s new.
We update WebTennis24 with new lessons, drills, and tips every month.
Here’s the content we uploaded during the past 12 months:
- How to Play against the Net Opponent (in singles) – it is an 11-minute lesson about your best options to defend against a player who attacks you by coming up to the net. Find it in the Training section >> Training Lessons >> Tennis Tips.
- Last Ball In – video demonstration of a fun serve drill that can be used by players or coaches teaching beginning and even advanced tennis students. It can be accessed via Training >> Training Drills >> Serve and Return Drills.
- Slice-Topspin Rally – it is another creative drill that intermediate and advanced players can incorporate into their practice to add consistency and control to their groundstrokes. Access it via Training >> Training Drills >> Groundstrokes Drills.
- Groundstroke Power | Low and Air (video) – get more power on your groundstrokes practicing this drill (find it in the Training >> Tennis Drills >> Basket Drills).
- Topspin and Slice Skills (video) – get comfortable varying the spin on groundstrokes (find it in the Training >> Tennis Drills >> Basket Drills).
- Seven Balls | Short and Deep (video) – great drill for quick footwork, ball tracking and groundstrokes control (this too can be found in the Training >> Tennis Drills >> Basket Drills).
- Examples of Warm-Up Exercises (video) – as the name states, this is a short collection of a few footwork, shadow and arm exercises you can add to your warm-up tennis routine (it can be accessed through Training >> Training Lessons >> Tennis Tips).
- Importance of Ad-Side Serve Practice
When practicing your serve you should pay more attention to the ad side serve from a strategical and mental point of view; I am explaining the reasons in this new video. Find it in the Tennis Tips section of WT24 TRAINING.
- Five Balls | Groundstrokes and Drive Volleys
This is a basket tennis drill (coach or partner tosses balls) that is recommended for intermediate and advanced players to work on back-, mid-court, and net- aggressive shots. The video drill can also be found in the Basket Drills section inside of WT24 TRAINING.
- Call-Toss / Bounce-Catch
A new tennis drill recommended for beginning players who develop hand-eye coordination and ball tracking; coaches and tennis parents will consider it perfect to apply at the start of teaching lessons with children or any beginning players. This video exercise is available in the 10 Lesson Plans, WT24 Kids, and Best Tennis Drills for Kids programs.
- Three Cones | Recovery Practice (video) – new basket drill for practicing proper recovery footwork and groundstrokes on the run; find it in the Training section.
- Lob Practice Drill (video) – a new creative drill that you can find inside Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills for developing accurate lob placement and control.
- Shadow Teaching (video) – in this new video you will see how to apply “shadow tennis” when teaching the technical aspects by involving the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic sensations; find it in the Kids Tennis and 10 Lesson Plans sections of WebTennis24.
- Triangle Volleys (video) – this is also a new video that you can find inside Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills that shows how to practice your volleys while improving forward movement to the ball, footwork, and get a good workout.
- How to Hit the Ball on the Rise (video) – it is a new lesson in the Training section of WebTennis24, which shows in a 3-part sequence how to take the ball early, before your opponent has time to cover the open court: preparation (observe the spin, footwork), contact (technique, visualization), and practice drills (self-feed, partner feed).
Knowing how to take the ball on the rise makes the difference between being a defensive (reactive) or offensive (proactive) player. You want to be able to do… both.
- How to Teach the Switch from Western to Semi-Western Grip (video) – this is another creative lesson, part of Kids Tennis membership, that shows my way of teaching a child (or practically anybody), who hits their forehand groundstroke using a western grip, to make the switch to the semi-western. If you want your child to hit more balls over the net and more power, playing with a semi-western grip should be the aim of any modern-day player.
- Overhead Progression (3 videos) – a step-by-step method for learning or teaching the overhead. More lessons, tips, and drills can be found in the Training section.
- Pizza Delivery (1 video) – a fun children’s game for picking up tennis balls during lessons. It can be accessed inside the Kids Tennis section where you can also find tips and live lessons with kids.
- One-Handed vs Two-Handed Backhand (video) – if you are a beginner or a coach teaching beginning players, in this video I share my honest opinion about whether you should choose to play one-handed or two-handed backhand? I grew up playing two-handed but in recent years I’ve picked up the one-handed backhand as a way to easily teach and rally with my students.
Find it in the Training, Kids memberships, and 10 Lesson Plans program.
- Footwork and Conditioning (video) – in addition to the many drills and games that can be found in the Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills and Games program, I wanted to share with members some creative ways to practice good footwork and improve stamina while working with a tennis ball machine.
- Pre-Serve Throw (video) – this is also a new video for coaches and tennis parents who like to show children how to play tennis. You will see my way of teaching beginning players how to swing up instead of forward when learning and practicing their serve. This exercise can be incorporated into the player’s warm-up routine, as well as a good tip for a more consistent serve.
Find it in the 10 Lesson Plans program, and Kids Tennis section at WebTennis24.
- Best Tennis Drills and Games for Kids
A new program dedicated to coaches and tennis parents who are looking for some of the best tennis drills and games that children love:
– hand-eye coordination
– footwork and speed
– fun competitive games
– technique and strokes placement
– and more…
- How-To: Avoid Hitting Off of the Back Foot – shows a creative way to learn how to make contact with the ball in front and transfer the weight into the shot.
Find it inside the Training section >>> How-To Videos.
- Overhead | Look Up – practice overheads from different parts of the court for control and consistency.
This drill can be found inside the Training section >>> Overhead Drills.
- First Cone Down – a fun way for large groups of players to practice the serve and add a friendly competition.
It can be accessed inside the Coaching section >>> Drills for Large Groups-1.
- Serve One-Two-Three – is a new video in which I demonstrate a good drill for serve accuracy.
Find it inside the Training section >>> Serve and Return Drills, and the new Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills program >>> Serve Drills.
- Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills and Games – new program!
No partner… no problem!
The ball machine can be your best tennis partner, assisting you in improving your technique, footwork, ball placement, and consistency.
You can even play competitive games that prepare you for upcoming matches or competitions.
- No updates – we were working on developing the new Best Ball Machine Tennis Drills and Games program (see July newsletter, above).