Lesson Plan for Kids (age: 8 – 12)
Theme: Athletic Skills and Fun
Level: Beginning – Advanced (2 – 6 players/court)
This is a fun tennis lesson for kids all levels to build athletic skills, friendship, love for the game and have fun.
1. Warm-Up (10 minutes)
– slow jog, side shuffle, dynamic stretches, shadow tennis strokes etc.
2. Hand-Eye Coordination Skills (10 minutes)
– Turn and Catch – pair players up and have them take turns who tosses and who catches
– Toss-Catch-Shuffle – pair kids up
– Bounce It – divide players into two teams
3. Quick Reaction and Dynamic Balance (12 minutes)
– Quick Follow – spread the players out on the court so they have plenty of room to swing and not hurt the others (check their technique)
– Red Light / Green Light
– Mirror – pair players up and take turns for the leader role
– Falling Towers – pair players up
4. Water Break (2 minutes)
6. Water Break (1 minutes)
8. Wrap-Up (3 minutes)
– pick up balls
– thank your students for coming and having fun
– give out little prizes (small candy, stickers etc. – kids love that!)
– briefly tell them about the upcoming classes and welcome them to the next lessons
– wave good-bye to parents and children thanking them one more time for taking the time to attend your class (don’t forget to smile and, if you wear sunglasses take them off when addressing your students and their parents).