“- He’s too good! I’ll lose this match for sure…
– Don’t worry about him; let HIM worry about you!”
It’s one of the best advice I had ever received when played competitive tennis.
Besides the above quote, what else can you do when playing stronger and faster opponents?
– hang in there; the momentum could switch and swing in your favour;
– vary the spin, height and pace of your shots;
– shorten your backswing – you’ll be able to handle his pace and contact the ball early;
– take more time in between the points, within the 25 seconds decent limit… or is it 20 seconds? 😉
– believe you can do it and keep fighting – this one I can tell from experience that good things happen when we believe and fight all the way to the end.