Tennis Lesson Plan | Group of Kids
Theme: ground-strokes practice and games play
1. Warm-up (5 minutes)
– Jog around the court, shuffle sideways, butt kicks, high knees etc.
– Hop over the line
– Bounce the ball up on the strings; bounce the ball down;
2. Shadow Strokes (3 minutes)
– Players line up at the baseline facing the net; coach in front of them half way between service line and baseline.
The coach executes the proper technique for forehand and backhand, players shadow the motion following the coach; all this with no balls being hit.
3. Tennis Drill (10 minutes)
– 3 Along the Line (forehands and backhands); emphasis is on good technique.
4. Water Break (1 minute)
6. Water Break (1 minute)
8. Race (4 minutes)
– Potato Race
9. Wrap-up (6 minutes)
– Kids pick up balls; give suggestions for practice until the next class.
If you like this tennis lesson plan check out Tennis Lesson Plans section from WebTennis24.
Sign Up for WebTennis24
With more than 2,000 tennis lessons, drills and tips WebTennis24 is one of the best websites for tennis players and coaches
“Love your approach to teaching the game! Don’t stop making videos!!”
– John Boettcher
“I love your site, it is a cornucopia of information that sustains my tennis creativity!”
– Teresa King
“Hi Cosmin, many thanks for the great information! Your approach to teaching kids is one of the best I have ever seen.”
– Jim Wagner
“Your site just keeps getting better every year.”
– Gary Blandino
“I don’t believe there is a better place to seek tennis instruction than WebTennis24.com.”
– Gillian Healy